The number of videos watched online by people is increasing by the day, especially with the advent of the 5.5-inch screen smartphones. People now feel the need to download these videos on their devices, just to have a collection or to save them to watch later. But most of the source websites don’t have that provision. Hence, there are apps like the SnapTube apk, which help to do exactly that.
Download SnapTube Apk v4.33 Latest Version – Official Website
SnapTube and Features
SnapTube apk is a video downloader app made especially for the Android OS. Besides the popular YouTube, many other websites are supported in it to download videos. It has now become one of the most popular video download apps around the world. A Hong Kong-based company, Mobiuspace, made the SnapTube app and released it to the general public on 19 November 2014. Some of the Features of this app are:
- We can download the videos for free from these websites.
- Their official website – Snaptubeapkdownload.com , lists at least 24 websites from which to download the videos.
- Besides videos, we can also download mp3 music via this app, or download the videos in a mp3 format to just listening.
- It is lightweight in size to work smoothly in the mobile, easy and fast in working.
- We can download the videos in multiple resolutions as we wish, right from the small 360 pixels to the HD 1080p.
- This app also enables us to search videos we desire to download with keywords in its inbuilt search bar.
- It has an extensive videos download manager in it, used to sort out our downloads, prioritize etc we can pause, cancel, or resume a video download at any time we wish.
- No extra encoding process and plugin required while downloading and saving videos via this app.
- This app is clean and safe to use, having verified by not one but 3 security firms, McAfee, CM Security, and Lookout Security. It is also ads free.
- SnapTube can also be used on desktop PC, especially the Windows OS, via a website called, snappea.com from where we can directly paste the video/mp3 link and download it.
There are many reasons people feel the need to use such apps, they are:
- The websites from where people watch the online videos, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc, almost all of them don’t let the users download videos on their devices even if they have accounts and the videos are free for watching.
- Sometimes, people happen to watch incomplete videos as they get some work to attend to, here they feel like having these videos offline on their devices to watch later.
- Sometimes, there won’t be any internet connection on the mobiles at some places, here too people prefer to download the videos offline and then watch them.
- Some videos people like so much that they truly feel like downloading them, either to watch them later again and again, or to show them to others, or just to have a collection of good videos.
How to Install SnapTube Apk On Android?
This SnapTube apk is not so easy to install on the Android OS, as it is not in the Google Play Store. Google has a policy which prohibits apps which download YouTube videos because of Copyright concerns. Thus, and this way the Installation of this SnapTube app becomes a bit lengthier. Although it is not available in the Play Store, it can be downloaded from its own official website and many other popular and legitimate Android apk download websites as follows:
Download SnapTube Apk from Uptodown
- Download SnapTube from any of the above sources mentioned.
- Pretty sure you will see the notification of Install Blocked when you will go to install the app.
- Go to Settings and then Security, then turn on the column of ‘Unknown Sources’ by doing a tick mark. This step will enable you to install apps outside of the Google Play.
- Then again go to downloads and click on the SnapTube apk to install it, this time it should get installed without any hiccups.
Much to the disappointment of the iPhone users, The SnapTube app is yet not available for the iOS. But the makers give hints that in the future it will be released for iOS too.
For the Windows OS, Even though there is not any software .exe version of the SnapTube app; you can still use it on your Desktop PC. There are two ways; the first is as shown below:
- Go to the above website and download snaptube apk. It can be called as an online version of the SnapTube app.
- Here in the central search bar, you can directly paste the link of the video which you are watching on any the video website. Then a small column below the search bar appears giving the details of the video, and a red button named Video.
- Click on it and a drop-down menu gives the options to download the video in 4 resolutions, from the 144p to the HD 720p.
- Choose anyone of your choice and the video will start downloading in a mp4 format.
They also have given a list of 26 websites from where you can take the videos to download.
The second way to use SnapTube on the Desktop or laptop PC is to use Apps which emulate the Android OS inside the Windows OS. A few of them are Console OS, Android-x86, AMIDuOS, and Nox Emulator etc. But the most popular one is the BlueStacks.
- Go to www.bluestacks.com and download the setup from there. Install it on the PC. After the whole process gets completed, as it takes quite some time, open the BlueStacks app.
- Download the SnapTube app from its official website or the other mentioned websites as above.
- Go to the BlueStacks app, from its menu select the apk of SnapTube where it is located on the PC, then install it in the BlueStacks.
- Thus, you are ready to use SnapTube on the PC too.
One thing to notice here is that the list of the websites given by SnapTube from which to download the videos is not exactly same as the Android version and the online desktop version.
As seen from the 2 images, the common ones are YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Vevo etc
- The websites exclusive for the Android version are:
Dailymotion, Twitter, mthai.com, Soundcloud, 3gpmania.co, vid.me, and videos.sapo.pt
- Those exclusive for the Online Desktop version are:
mobfry.com, pagalworlds.in, o2cienemas.com, yumvideo.com, submobi.com, movievilla.in, freshmaza.info, wapking.cc, and songslelo.com
It is not only the SnapTube app which does the videos and mp3 downloading for Android and PC so easily. There are other such apps available for anyone for free. Some of them are:
- Download videos!
This app has a Mac, Windows, Android, a browser and a Linux version too. We can download videos from hundreds of websites in it. If the downloaded videos don’t have any extension, just give one, for e.g. If you get a file like jurassicpark3, then rename it as jurassicpark3.mp4
This is another popular video download app which is free. It is also safe from viruses and takes up less space on the device. Downloading is simple in it. The pro paid version lets us download from more than 10,000 websites. It is available for Mac, Windows, Android, and Browser version.
This one is very easy to use, a fast and powerful app to download the media files. Besides the videos and the music files, it can also download image files and pdf. It is available for free for the Android and the iOS.
- YTD YouTube Downloader
This app is specifically made to download videos from the YouTube site only as the name suggests. We can also extract audio from them and convert to mp3. We can also Remote download on another PC via SSH. There are many other customization features in this app, like mp3 ID tags edit, file management etc. It is available for free for Android only.
This free Android app is also popular among the users. It supports downloading from all the popular websites. We can also watch live TV with more than 200 channels in it. The app claims to have fastest download speeds than the others. The UI is very easy to understand and navigate.
This app lets us download videos to watch later, especially to the SD Card. This is not an open-source app; hence it has advertisements in it. But it is free and available for Android, playbook and opera browser.
- Videoder Video Downloader
This one is a feature rich app. We can watch videos before or during the preview. We can download multiple media files at the same time in it. This app also has an in-built browser for you to search for the videos across all the websites. The quick download feature lets you download the media files instantly without the details page. It is available for free on Android.
FAQs About SnapTube,
Now let us have a look at some of the Frequently Asked Questions about the app:
How do I download videos?
Just go to the detail page when you find the video you want to download. Then click the download button on the lower right side of it. Choose a resolution and then the download will begin.
How can I filter search results?
You will see the all-time options and duration at the bottom of the results page. This will be very helpful to you to filter the search results by the uploaded date and the length of the video.
How can we update the SnapTube app?
You will promptly get a notification to update your SnapTube app whenever there will be a newer version. Just click on the notifications to get updated SnapTube. If that doesn’t work, go to the official website and download it from there and install. If it fails, then completely uninstall the current version and then install the latest one.
Why there is no option of 2k videos or 1080p?
SnapTube will download only the original quality of the video which is there on the website. It never up scales the resolution of the video. For some x86 devices, these resolutions are not available for download as of now.
Why can’t I download certain Facebook videos in the ‘copy URL’ feature?
Some videos on Facebook are shared only with friends and secret groups. SnapTube won’t be able to download such videos. The ‘copy URL’ feature is available only to those videos which are made public.
How do I remove download or search history?
Click on the search box of the app. Then pull up the page, there you will see all the search history of the app; click on the trash button and the search history will get completely erased. Go to my videos – downloaded. There click the ‘…’, choose to delete and choose Delete history.
What are the steps to download media files from Instagram?
Go to the video which you want to download. Click on the more button on the lower right corner of the video, near the comment button. Click on the copy share url there. Open SnapTube, it will automatically open the url; then click on the download button.
Is SnapTube legal to use?
SnapTube is made to be used only for personal purposes. There are different laws in different countries, do check the regulations of your country before using SnapTube.
This SnapTube app is a solid offering from Mobiuspace. It is safe to use, simple, easy and lightweight, and above all free. The fact that you need to allow apps to be downloaded from outside the Google Play is also not harmful. For the features and simplicity, it is a must use for all those who regularly like to download media files.